Abdominoplasty, sometimes known as a tummy tuck, is a plastic cosmetic procedure to alter the contour of the abdomen (abdomen). It may entail strengthening the abdominal muscles as well as eliminating extra loose skin, fat, and stretch marks. The goal is to remove extra skin from the stomach that cannot be eliminated by exercise, such as extra skin brought on by pregnancy or significant weight loss. Given that the tummy tuck surgery is often only advised for those with a healthy body mass index, it is not a quick remedy for reducing weight (BMI). Since an abdominoplasty is viewed as cosmetic surgery, it is often not covered by the NHS. Make sure you are informed of the expense and the fact that this is serious surgery with potential hazards if you decide to proceed. Spend some time considering your choice. Reading “Is cosmetic surgery suitable for me?” may be helpful. Also you should look for tummy tuck cost.
Table of Contents
What Is The Mommy Makeover Cost?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ most current figures show that the average cost of a tummy tuck is $6,154. Anaesthesia, operating room equipment, and other related costs are not included in this average cost, which represents only a portion of the whole cost. For information on your final cost, please contact the office of your plastic surgeon. Tummy tuck cost surgery will depend on the surgeon’s experience, the type of treatment done, and the location of the facility. Tummy tuck costs surgery and associated consequences are typically not covered by health insurance coverage, but many cosmetic surgeons offer patient financing options, so be sure to inquire.
What Are Included in the Tummy Tuck Cost?
- Cost of general anaesthesia
- Costs of a hospital or surgical institution
- Medical examinations
- Post-operative clothing
- Medication prescriptions
- Surgical fee
In the UK, cost of tummy tuck is between $4,000 and $6,500 plus any additional fees for onsultations or aftercare.
Where Should You Go For Tummy Tuck Procedure?
If you’re seeking for treatment facilities that offer abdominoplasty in England, visit the Care Quality Commission (CQC) website. Fees for tummy tuck cost are different in various clinics. All independent hospitals and clinics in England that conduct cosmetic surgery are required to register with the CQC, which disseminates inspection findings and performance evaluations to aid in patient decision-making. Research the surgeon who will do your procedure as well. All medical professionals must at the very least be General Medical Council registered (GMC). To find out if a doctor is qualified to practice, check the United States society of plastic surgeons and specifically their tummy tuck cost of. Tummy tuck cost might change according to different plastic surgeons. Additionally, you might want to learn the following information:
- Their patient satisfaction ratings
- The number of surgeries they’ve conducted with problems
- The type of follow-up you might anticipate if something goes wrong.
What Is Included In the Tummy Tuck Procedure?
There two kinds of tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty), both done under a general anaesthesia. Below you can find the details of tummy tuck surgery and also, what are involved in the cost of tummy tuck.
A partial abdominoplasty includes the followings:
- Making a broad cut (incision) across the lower abdomen
- Separates the skin from the abdominal wall below the belly button
- Excess skin and fat are removed
- The remaining skin is pulled together and stitched in place.
A full abdominoplasty includes the followings:
- Creating a big incision right above the pubic region across the lower belly, from hip to hip
- Removing the abdominal button from the tissue that surrounds it with a second incision.
- Realigning the abdominal muscles while separating the skin from the abdominal wall
- Removing extra skin and fat, creating a new belly button hole, and repairing it with stitches
- Bringing the remaining skin together and securing it with stitches
The tummy tuck procedure may take two to five hours. Most patients require a few nights in the hospital. Following the general anaesthetic, you may likely experience some pain. If necessary, painkillers can be supplied. You will leave the hospital wearing dressings and either tummy-control trousers or a corset to apply pressure to your stomach. You’ll need a ride home and someone to remain with you for the next 24 hours. But when thinking in overall, tummy tuck cost is not that affordable compared to the facilities they offer in the tummy tuck procedure.
Recovery Time of Tummy Tuck Surgery in 2022
You’ll need to take four to six weeks off work to rest and work out. But you will see it is worth to make all these procedure for that tummy tuck cost. After the procedure, you won’t be allowed to drive for a few weeks (your surgeon and insurance company can advise you about this). To fully recuperate and experience the full results of a stomach tuck, it typically takes 6 weeks. For six weeks, you will often need to wear a special corset or pair of belly-control trousers to facilitate healthy skin healing and to minimize any swelling. To minimize straining your sutures, you should generally take it easy during this period and keep your knees bent while lying in bed. You’ll likely be asked to go to a follow-up visit a few weeks later to check sure the wound is healing correctly. You should be able to quit wearing a corset and resume most of your normal activities after six weeks.
Possible Side Effects of Tummy Tuck Procedure
If you have a complete abdominoplasty, you will also have a scar around your belly button and one going across your lower tummy. Following an abdominoplasty, it’s also typical to:
- Standing up straight is difficult for you; you could feel like your stomach is being dragged in (this will improve over time)
- Have swelling and discomfort
- Feel numb in your stomach for a few months to years, and you may have a brief swelling above the scar that is fluid-filled.
- In the first six weeks have red, raised scars that eventually go away.